How to Join
Are you interested in joining Cadets or simply curious? Here's where to get more information on how to join Sea Cadets!
Who Can join?
- 12 to 18 years old
- Interested in the Sea, Army or Air Cadet Organizations
- Parental/guardian permission
These are the documents you need to join ADMIRAL BUDGE:
- Proof of age (one of the following):
- a valid Canadian passport;
- a birth certificate issued by a Canadian provincial, territorial or federal government agency;
- any card, visa or permit (work, study, resident, etc.) (with photo) issued by the Canadian government which legally authorizes the person to reside in Canada for an extended period of time; or
- any identification card (with or without photo) issued by a Canadian provincial, territorial or federal government agency. No certificates of live birth please.
- Proof of health insurance: Provincial or Territorial health insurance card or private insurance (ie. Blue Cross) card.
- Application Form: which can be downloaded HERE. If you are unable to download, we can print one off for you at the corps.
Please have these original documents with you when you attend the corps. To help speed up the registration process, you may wish to complete the application form and bring it along with a photocopy of these documents as well.
How much does it cost?
There is NO COST for a cadet to be a part of the organization. The Cadet Program is funded by the Department of National Defence in partnership with the civilian Navy League, Army Cadet League and Air Cadet League of Canada.
The civilian sponsor requires local community support to meet its obligations that include accommodations, training aids and equipment and program enhancements not otherwise provided. Parents and cadets are expected to participate in and contribute to fund raising as required by the League’s local sponsoring element.
Do you have more Questions?
Royal Canadian Sea Cadet Corps Admiral Budge
9565, Hurricane Rd. North Saanich, BC V8L 5V5 (See map)
Phone: 250-656-3344 (Monitored on Wednesday from 6:15pm to 9pm)
Do I have to join the Canadian Forces?
Absolutely not! The Cadet Program is a great way to have fun, be challenged and make friends. You also find out more about Canada and develop new skills that will be with you for life, no matter what career you choose.